The scripture says A hot-tempered man stirs up strife, but he who is slow to anger quiets contention (Proverbs 15:18).
This can be particularly true in the workplace, where an angry coworker likely enrages others or incites further issues, whereas someone who comes from a calm, mediating standpoint tends to encourage problem solving and harmony. While it’s not always easy to overcome anger while at work, there are a few tricks you can try to minimize workplace rage. We found this video online for you to help you with this oh-so-common issue.
Tips for working through and preventing anger:
- Schedule short breaks to recharge and process — and take advantage of them!
- Minimize multitasking.
- Focus on small, productive tasks.
- Cry. It’s healthy to let it out!
- Practice relaxation techniques (e.g. deep breathing, listening to music, watching funny videos).
- Let go of grudges by practicing forgiveness.
- Exercise to workout pent up feelings and energy.
Anger and other negative emotions are a normal part of the human experience, but that doesn’t mean they have to take over and ruin the workday. You have the power to prevent and overcome your anger, and you might even inspire others to do the same.
Copyright 2021 DailyRevival.com